METHOD 1 : SMOKE TEST VIA INTAKE BOOT / INTAKE DUCT
1. Remove the air filter housing from the intake boot.
2. Place AutoLine Pro Cone Intake/Exhaust Adapter (optional accessory) into the intake boot towards the engine. A DIY adapter can also be used by stretching a large size latex glove over the intake boot and tightening it in place with a rubber band.
3. If using the Cone Adapter, connect your smoke nozzle to it and introduce smoke into the system. If using a latex glove, poke a hole in one of the fingers and inject smoke.
4. Use a flashlight to look for smoke seeping out of leak(s).
METHOD 2 : SMOKE TEST VIA VACUUM LINES (BRAKE BOOSTER)
1. Determine which vacuum line has a clear passageway to your entire intake system. A common test site is the brake booster vacuum line before the check valve.
2. Seal all system openings that smoke will naturally escape from. For the air intake, remove the air filter housing and use 'AutoLine Pro Cap Plugs Kit ' (optional accessory) to seal the intake boot. Alternatively, a latex glove can be used the same way in "Method 1."
3. Inject smoke into the brake booster line and use a flashlight to look for smoke seeping out of leak(s).